Cybersecurity is a hot-button issue for everyone —from the C-suite and board of directors to security professionals and business owners. It seems like every day a new company is in the headlines for suffering a data breach. Organizations of all sizes require 24x7x365 protection.
It’s important to stay informed about what’s happening in the security and risk landscape, but this can be a struggle for employees that are stretched thin and mid-sized organizations with limited IT resources.
To help busy professionals stay on top of what’s happening in the world of cybersecurity, we’ve compiled a shortlist of online resources that provide the news, trends and best practices that matter to you and your team.
- Axios — Axios is a news and information website delivering smart, efficient news worthy of your time, attention, and trust. Its cybersecurity newsletter “Codebook” is delivered Thursday mornings and covers the collision of cybersecurity and policy, and why it matters.
- CB Insights — CB Insights’ machine intelligence platform, intelligence analysts, and global network of executives and startups empower people to articulate compelling answers to difficult questions — about growth, about the competition, and about technology. Sign-up for the free CB Insights newsletter, which delivers the latest technology trends, venture capital, startups, and the industries of tomorrow to more than 565,800 subscribers.
- CIO.com — CIO.com delivers the latest tech news, analysis, how-to, blogs, and video for IT professionals.
- Credit Union Times – Cybersecurity & Privacy — CUTimes.com gives you the resources to know how to protect your credit union against fraud and cyber attacks.
- CSO — CSO serves enterprise security decision-makers and users with the critical information they need to stay ahead of evolving threats and defend against criminal cyberattacks. With incisive content that addresses all security disciplines from risk management to network defense to fraud and data loss prevention, CSO offers depth and insight to support key decisions and investments for IT security professionals.
- CyberScoop — CyberScoop reaches top cybersecurity leaders both online and in-person through its website, newsletter, events, radio and TV.
- Dark Reading — One of the most widely-read cyber security news sites on the Web, Dark Reading is where enterprise security staffers and decision-makers come to learn about new cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and technology trends. Its community members include thought-leading security researchers, CISOs and technology specialists, along with thousands of other security professionals.
- eSecurity Planet — eSecurity Planet, an eWEEK property, delivers Internet security news and analysis, technical tutorials, product reviews, and buying guides to IT professionals.
- Fifth Domain — Fifth Domain explores the warfare of cyberspace — serving as a central hub for news and information bringing the civilian, defense, industry, private sector and critical infrastructure cyber conversations together in one place. Fifth Domain is a brand of Sightline Media Group — a news organizations covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense; Sightline is owned by Regent.
- Forbes — Forbes is a global media company, focusing on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle. Forbes cybersecurity coverage includes stories about cybersecurity, privacy and surveillance.
- Infosecurity Mag — Infosecurity Magazine is an online magazine dedicated to the strategy, insight and technology of information security.
- IT Security Guru — The IT Security Guru offers a daily news digest of all the best breaking IT security news stories.
- Krebs on Security — Krebs on Security is a daily blog covering computer security and cybercrime. The author, Brian Krebs, is a well-known and influential journalist and investigative reporter.
- MSSP Alert — MSSP Alert’s morning news update for managed security services providers, chief information security officers (CISOs) and cybersecurity professionals.
- Paul’s Security Weekly — If you prefer listening to security experts talk shop over reading articles online, Paul’s Security Weekly is for you. This podcast, part of Security Weekly (see #21 on this list), is hosted by Paul Asadoorian, Larry Pesce, Carlos Perez, Jack Daniel, Jeff Man, Joff Thyer, and Lee Neely.
- RSA Conference Blogs — Through its blogs, RSA Conference delivers informative and impactful ways to engage the RSA community, as well as support important industry conversations.
- Security Boulevard — Security Boulevard is home of the Security Bloggers Network (SBN). A single source for news, analysis & education on issues facing cybersecurity industry.
- Security Solutions Magazine — Security Solutions Magazine (SSM) is a leading security resource for business, government and the security industry. SSM readers enjoy access to information from leading experts on issues such as terrorism, operational security matters, technological developments, risk management and IT security as well as the latest news on security events. SSM is a publication from Interactive Media Solutions. To subscribe to the digital version of the magazine, click here.
- Smartbrief on Cybersecurity by CompTIA — Created by SmartBrief in partnership with CompTIA, this daily newsletter provides a snapshot of the IT industry with news from The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and other leading sources.
- Schneier on Security — The "Schneier on Security" blog is authored by Bruce Schneier, a renowned security technologist, called a "security guru” by The Economist. His "Schneier on Security" blog and newsletter "Crypto-Gram" are read by over 250,000 people.
- Security Weekly - Blog— Security Weekly is a security podcast network for information security professionals, by information security professionals.
- SIGNAL Magazine — SIGNAL Magazine covers cyber technologies, cloud computing, big data, homeland security, C4ISR and the programs that build on these disciplines. It is the official publication of the AFCEA, a professional association focused on serving government and military.
- The Last Watchdog — The Last Watchdog is written by Byron Acohido, a Pulitzer-winning journalist and respected cybersecurity and privacy expert. His blog is video heavy and includes many interview-style posts as well as guest blog posts.
- Threatpost — Threatpost is an independent news site which is a leading source of information about IT and business security for hundreds of thousands of professionals. The site produces unique and high-impact content including security news, videos, feature reports and more.
- WIRED — WIRED is a monthly magazine, published in print and online editions, that focuses on how emerging technologies affect culture, the economy, and politics. WIRED’s security coverage includes cyber, IT and national security news.
Make sure to check out the Cygilant blog often to read expert insights, best practices and the latest company happenings.